Built in 1954, Pulliam Hall is a two-story masonry and glass building located near the center of campus. This brick structure is easily recognized because of its familiar clock tower. Located approximately 300 yards from the Allyn Building, Pulliam Hall houses well-equipped classrooms for Ceramics, Glass and Metalsmithing/Blacksmithing, as well as private faculty studios and several BFA and MFA studios. It is often referred to as the “Industrial Wing” of Pulliam Hall.
Recently Ceramics received a new brick storage building for chemicals and clay and new gas-fired kilns.
Glass has studio space, the hot shop and classrooms which have been expanded, as well as facilities for coldworking and kiln working.
Metalsmithing/Blacksmithing has a very large studio much of which has been supported with grants from the Wingate Foundation. Its space includes access to an outside staging area and an overhead lift.
Designed by Web Services ©2009